Norton Antivirus is a great program that works to keep your computer protected from viruses, and malware such as worms, spyware, and Trojan horses from entering your device. But sometimes it may stop you from downloading and installing some applications and programs.
It has been noticed that Norton Antivirus sometimes doesn’t let you proceed with installation setups, though, it mostly happens only when it fails to recognize the program. You find that application is essential that you have to download and install it through thick and thin. You can do so by temporarily disabling Norton Antivirus on your device.
Note: Disabling Norton Antivirus is not likely to have any harmful effect on your device. However, you can enable it again after installing the software or any program you want.
Disable Norton Antivirus Temporarily
Follow the simple guidelines to disable your Norton Antivirus temporarily:
- On your Windows taskbar, you need to tap on the small triangle.
- Doing so will open the notification area.
- Then you will need to right-click the Norton Antivirus icon.
- Doing so will bring a list of options related to the security suite on the screen.
- Now you need to tap ion the “Disable Smart Firewall” option.
- And doing so will temporarily shut down the firewall.
- After that, you shall have to select the “Disable Antivirus Auto-Protect” option.
- And here doing so will temporarily disable anti-virus protection on your computer.
Note: the amount of time you want to disable the Norton Antivirus program can also be specified. And we recommend you to choose the “When I start My PC” option in the drop-down menu.
Now your Norton Antivirus program has successfully been turned off until you restart your computer.
Thank you for reading this article; I hope the information you got here is going to be helpful to you.