Google Home device is another example of Artificial Intelligence gadget with the capability of a smart speaker. Based on the instructions, the device can play music for you and perform the tasks when your hands completely busy. But wait, how would it do that? Routines, a new feature from Google Corporation, allows the user to execute Google Home actions with a command. A specific command is needed to execute a particular task, for example, saying “Good Morning” to the Google Home will turn on the lights. Similarly some other commands are needed for other tasks.
Some other commands or routines are as follows where each depends on particular routine-
- It will put the phone in silent mode.
- Set the alarm.
- Play music with a sleep timer.
- Adjust the volume.
- Leaving Home
- Adjust things like light, plugs, and thermostats.
- I’m home
- Home location reminders.
- Plays radio, news, and other audio services.
- Broadcast to Google Home about your return to home.
- Commuting Home
- Play music, radio, and other audio services.
- Adjust the volume.
- Tells about the weather and calendar events, the reminder.
- Commuting to work
- It works same while commuting home.
But to make it work, you need to set up the Routine with Google Assistant. If you don’t know how to set up, then you must follow the guide to set up and use Routines.
Here’s how to setup Routines in Google Assistant
- Open Google Assistant app on your phone.
- Now, go to the upper right corner and tap on the icon.
- Now, Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down to Services
- Now select Routines.
- From the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the Plus button to create a new routine.
- Some devices have Good Morning pre-made routines. Tap Good Morning.
- Select a phrase or command from the given list.
- You can even make your phrase by tapping plus sign.
- Now, you can schedule your routine by selecting the day and the time for the routine to be active.
- Select the actions you want the Google Assistant to perform.
- If you have some smart devices attached with your Google Home, then your turn on and off the devices.
- In the And Then Play section, you can select music, radio, podcast and other audio services.
- Adjust media Volume and Thermostat.
That is all. You create a set up for the Routines with Google Assistant. Now, you can keep doing your work without a disturbance and let Google Home and Assistant assist you with your Routines.
Carl Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at www.norton.com/setup.