Presently, Netflix is known as the most amazing video streaming all over the world. Its new feature provides us an ability to download or save all your favorite movies on your device. By its latest feature users can watch all downloaded videos offline without a constant internet connection. However, the size of the downloadable Netflix videos will completely depend on the length and duration of that video.
While an hour-long standard definition (SD) video files take almost about 1GB from your memory whereas the same video file will take up to 3 GB when it is in high-definition (HD), and any ultra HD video files can take almost up to 7 GB.
With the default settings, Netflix is installed on the drive where the Windows 10 is already installed. Actually, the problem with this setup is that Netflix always saves all the downloaded videos on the same drive.
This guide will show you that the default download location is for all of the movies and television shows. Follow the given below steps to easily change the location of downloaded Netflix videos on Windows 10.
Steps to Change Netflix Download Location in Windows 10
Before starting the process, we advise you to follow these steps in a series by doing this you cannot find any error and also take less time. The steps are discussed below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Apps.
- Under Apps option, move to the Apps & Features option.
- An app list will appear on the screen, scroll down the list till you see Netflix option.
- Next, click on the Netflix entry to see Move and Uninstall option.
- Alternatively, click on the Move button.
- Now, select your preferred device where you want to save the Netflix app and Netflix downloads.
- Once confirmed that the drive selected by you has lots of free space.
- Again, click on the Move button to move the Netflix app.
Note: Now the app is automatically moved to the root of the selected drive. Now the Windows 10 will create its new folder which is called as WindowsApps available at the root of the drive and now move the Netflix app there. You cannot choose a folder under the selected drive as any new location.
Carl Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.