If you are Apple watch user and it is not doing work correctly. If your Apple Watch already familiar with the relatively slow process of updating watchOS on an Apple Watch. Now you can install in an affordable amount of time, but some more substantial watchOS updates are getting an hour or much more. Because of that, a number of Apple Watch users will either postpone program updates indefinitely or install program updates to watchOS overnight. But no need to worry about this, you can quickly speed up the watchOS software update process quite a bit with the help of some simple steps.
This process is very easy. To do this, you need to turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone, that in turn forces your Apple Watch to download the watchOS software update using wi-fi.
Please note- iPhone is paired via Bluetooth with the Apple Watch.
Steps to Speed Up WatchOS Updates on Apple Watch:-
Before starting the process you need to make sure that the iPhone and Apple Watch are connected with your wi-fi connection, and your Apple Watch is on charging with at least 50% battery. Then you can use the below-given steps:-
- First of all, you need to go to the Apple “Watch” app on your iPhone and then go to “My Watch” > Settings > General > Software Update.
- Then tap on the “Download & Install” when a watchOS software update shows on your screen.
- When you see the “time remaining…” estimates appear then return to the Home Screen of the iPhone.
- Then open the normal “Settings” app.
- Now, tap on the “Bluetooth” option and toggle the Bluetooth setting to OFF to disable Bluetooth completely on your iPhone.
- Then return to the “Watch” app, and you will see a message about reconnecting to the Apple Watch so tap on the “Cancel” button at that popup message.
- After completing the watchOS downloading process and then tap on the“Install” option in the Watch app to run the installation process over the wi-fi.
- You should connect your iPhone and Apple Watch to with a wi-fi connection to transfer the watchOS package between devices, besides a poor connection of Bluetooth.
Please Note- You can’t just toggle Bluetooth in the Control Center because of the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Control Center buttons function in latest releases of iOS, which disconnect devices besides turning off the service so you need to go the Settings app to turn off the Bluetooth on your iPhone.
We hope that this simple method will help you to speed- up your Apple watch. So you can feel comfortable with this helpful tip.
Let’s hope the upcoming version of watchOS or the Apple Watch iPhone app will allow users to install updates using wi-fi directly without this workaround, but until it is also possible that you can toggle Bluetooth off on the iPhone and you will get the updating process is much easier.